We are seeking to recruit high calibre, results-oriented and self-driven experienced professionals to join our team in the position of graphic designer.
The Job description
- Schedule, manage and prioritize graphic design work
- Maintain and continuously improve brand guidelines
- Create graphic design pieces as required for publications, packaging, product inserts, website, trade shows and special events
- Come up with innovative and creative ideas for POP displays.
- Design press kits and seasonal catalogues.
- Oversee management of library of current graphics and images
- Create innovative presentations and templates for use by various departments.
- Interpreting Creative/Marketing briefs to develop creative solutions that meet business and communication objectives while maintaining the integrity of client brands
- Working with projects from start to finish, including collaborative brainstorming through to creative execution and final production
- Designing marketing materials across multiple media formats and complexity to generate awareness, response and revenue
- Supporting product marketing material requirements for product packaging such as CD sleeves, posters, product diagrams, brochures, solution sheets, case studies, etc.
- Performing minor modifications to existing design files as required
- Effective communication of creative solutions to internal stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Preparing files in accordance with print production requirements while ensuring budgets and deadlines are met
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite: Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign
- Experience working within brand guidelines
- Must be extremely well organized, work well under pressure and be a strong problem solver
- Self-motivated with good initiative
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines
- A minimum of 1 year design experience (preferably in a corporate marketing environment)
- Formal graphic design training (college degree or diploma)
- Be a strong team player
- Experience working with brand guidelines
- A solid understanding of production, pre-press, print and web-based technologies
- A keen eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
- The ability to take projects from concept through to final production
- The ability to be a self-starter with strong communication, interpersonal and collaborative relationship building skills
- The ability to receive and incorporate feedback/input from individuals across all levels of the organization
- Must be fully competent using InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, QuarkExpress, DreamWeaver and Microsoft Office especially PowerPoint in a PC/MAC environment as well as HTML, CSS and be familiar with Prezi
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration. Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 23 July 2014 by 5.00pm East African time.